It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!!
That is, until you realize you’ve procrastinated on gifts big time and you’re in need of some quick ideas! Haha! I’ve never put one of these together before, but after being asked for gift advice for starting photographers several times in the last week, I thought I’d share a list of my top picks!!
I tried to include a variety of price points, so whether you’re looking for a big ticket item or something small to fill their stocking, hopefully these ideas can help spark some perfect gifts! Enjoy!
Gift Guide for the New Photographer
- Rocket Blaster — This is a super useful tool that’s kind of fun looking, too! Plus, it’s the perfect size for a stocking stuffer. :)
- A Creative Cloud subscription to Lightroom & Photoshop — This gift is a super affordable option that packs a punch! For $10/month, you can provide your favorite photographer with access to top editing programs!!
- Phone-Accessible Gloves – These Anthropologie gloves are on my wish list this year! Not only are they super cute, but they also allow you to still work your touch screen — perfect for posting to Instagram or keeping up with work emails on the go!
- Canon 50mm 1.4 Lens — This is my #1 go-to starter lens for whenever friends or family ask. Investing in a solid prime lens over just using the kit lens that comes with your camera is HUGE and will open up so many more shooting options! I use the 50mm 1.2, but the 1.4 is a much more affordable option that still produces quality images.
- ONA Camera Bag – This item is a bit pricier, but you just can’t go wrong with an ONA! My husband, mom, and mother-in-law all chipped in for one for me a few birthdays ago, and it’s still in amazing shape! I love that it has three different compartments for lenses and my camera body and that I can also fit my laptop in the side sleeve, too.
- Lens Stainless Steel Coffee Mug — I mean, it’s just super fun!! Perfect for late night editing sessions fueled by CAFFEINE!!
- A gift certificate to The KJ Collection — Almost all of my online education has come from Katelyn James, and I am so excited to be shipping out my version of her bridal guide templates this next week! She has something for every photographer!
- Memory Cards — Maybe not the most exciting thing on the list….but definitely very practical! Replace your annual sock & undie purchase with this, and you’ll have one happy photographer!
- Kate Spade Camera Necklace — It’s Kate. No more explanation necessary! :)
- Powersheets — Perfect for the photographer trying to break into the business world, Lara Casey’s powersheets are the #1 goal planning resource out there! I may or may not have a set on my Christmas list this year, too!
Merry Christmas, and happy shopping!!!
Love love love,